Monday, November 18, 2013

Freebie-Digital Scrapbook Mini Kit

There was a designer challenge over at Pixel Scrapper that I just had to participate in.  The challenge was to create a mini-kit for digital scrapbooking that included 5 solid papers, 5 patterned papers, and 15 elements.  I decided to challenge myself even more by making a kit unlike any other I had made.  The idea of art journaling came to mind so I searched for inspiration.  You can read the story below the link if you're interested.



The color palette came from a great neon fractal I found in public domain images.  I used the image to create a palette of five colors plus the addition of black and white.

I usually like to include vintage pictures or clip art but did not allow myself to gravitate towards the familiar.  Instead, I tried to create some tools for people who want to do digital art journaling.  With a color palette I never would have made on my own and self-imposed restrictions on content, I got busy.  The result was a kit I feel would be fun for an art journaler to play with.  If you download this kit, I would truly appreciate comments or suggestions.  I'd also love to see what you create with it.  Mainly, I hope you have fun playing.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really funky, reminds me of the 70's! Would be great for a retro layout! Thanks so much for sharing .. you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I was thinking about the 70's when I made this. I wasn't sure about the whole thing but forged ahead. Thank you for your wonderful praise!

      Delete
  2. I am so impressed with your beautiful kit and the fact that you really challenged yourself. Thank you for sharing. It is so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, I appreciate your feedback and thank you for the lovely compliments!

      Delete
  3. The colours got me in. Absolutely love it all. Thanks
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish! They are really outside the box for me but I loved creating it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a terrific colour inspiration you use - who would have thought of a fractal - how creative! I so much admire you for working way outside your comfort zone, both in terms of colour scheme and graphics!! Did you enjoy doing this project? I have great difficulty working outside my favourite colours (blue & greens) and with different materials and styles, when I am making jewellery. Fortunately I work with a wide range of semi-precious stones so there is some variety in my work, but much of it is similar in style. I tend to like clothing and jewellery that is classic, and elegant, with a little bit of romance in the mix. I have chosen to make that my niche in jewellery, and have invested in the stones, crystals,etc that suit that style. How I admire your courage in trying something completely different! I am really trying to give you feedback for your work. I have spent long hours doing work that I donated, and I was so grateful for the few people who took the time to write me a few words of thanks! Besw wishes for a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, and continued inspiration for your work in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright bold colors! Thank you for sharing your creations with us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.