Monday, September 9, 2013

September Journal Journeys-About Face

Amazing Amanda from  Outside the Box Studios is continuing with the Journal Journeys series on Digiscrap Addicts and will be offering a prompt twice monthly.  This first one was really interesting.  She challenged us to take a photo of our faces, then make a simple line drawing of it on a separate layer.  The idea was to work with a line drawing of my own face.  With regard to adding embellishments, she provided some great examples with tutorials.
I used this photo of myself, taken by my husband Tracy a few years ago.
My portrait seemed to have an autumn feel to it, so I just went with it.  I used papers and elements from Outside the Box Studios and found a quote that I loved.  The text in the hair was created because of an inspiration I received from another entry someone created.
I forced myself to stop before I made too many changes.  I had an urge to make everything neat and tidy so I tried to ignore that compulsion.  You can see what I created above.  If you'd like to view the other entries you can click here.

Credits for Image Components:
Outside the Box Studios-Beautiful Souls, 2chmd-At the Beach and PSAugBT, SYHO aug. Blog Paper, Sheyzz, and Raspberry Road.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.